Sunday, January 9, 2011

Disney on Ice - Mickey & Minnie's Magical Journey

Well, it may have been in the middle of the Christmas craziness and my oldest may have had the worst sinus infection I have ever seen... but we made it! We took the girls to see another Disney on Ice Show this year. Mickey & Minnie's Magical Journey was great! The girls, again, sat on the edge of their seats the entire show! They are now almost 3 and almost 5, but the show managed to keep their attention from beginning to end!

Goofy was a favorite from early on in the show... of course. The show included scenes and characters from The Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, The Little Mermaid... and the main event... Peter Pan! My youngest has not seen or read The Lion King yet and neither of them know the full story of Lilo and Stitch, but of course, they know the characters and the show is done is such a great, entertaining way, that it does not even matter if you know the full stories.

I figure that these shows will eventually no longer appeal to my girls. So, in the meantime, we try to take them as often as possible. Luckily, there are always great offers out there... you just need to know where to look. I have been lucky enough to have been provided these offers, so if you continue to follow my blog, I will always post the offers for these and any other shows affiliated with Feld Family Entertainment in the Toronto area.

Like I mentioned, my oldest had been sick at the time. She had been fighting a fever of 104 for 3 days leading up to the show. We were so worried we were going to have to miss the show... but, she woke up the morning of and seemed to be on the mend, so we decided to take her. She sat up through the entire show with a huge grin on her face (the most she could muster as her poor lips were so chapped from being sick and dehydrated). By the time we got on the streetcar to come home, she fell asleep on her Daddy's shoulder, but she was still happy that she had gone. All her energy went into the show and she slept most of the afternoon away, but none of us regret going. It was a great family outing for all of us and we even had the pleasure of meeting up with some friends there and having them over to the house for dinner.

I wish I could go into greater detail about how great the show was... but, my house has been under attack by the flu for the last few weeks and my version was mostly in the eyes, so it is taking a lot of effort to even write this post... but flu season with children in the house is a whole other post!

There is another great show coming up, Disney Live! Mickey's Rockin' Road Show! This is not a ice show, so this will be a first for my girls. They have only ever gone to the Disney on Ice shows... and my oldest had the chance to see The National Ballet of Canada perform The Nutcracker last year... a perk to having friends in the company. I am excited to see the show... and the girls do not even know we are going! So exciting!

I will be back again soon... as soon as my eyes recover and it does not take me an hour to get through a small post!

Hope you are all healthy! Keep taking your vitamins C & D and get enough sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment