Sunday, November 28, 2010

Disney on Ice with the Family

Last year, I was offered the opportunity to take my girls to see Disney on Ice for a price that I could not refuse. I had a lot of hesitation taking my youngest - she had just turned 2 and I was not sure she would sit through a whole performance... I was REALLY wrong! As soon as the show started, she clasped her hands, her eyes bugged out and she was hooked! Both of the girls had a great time and they are still talking about it... it has been almost a year now!

They loved it so much that we have decided to take them again this year on Boxing Day! I can not wait to see their faces when they open the envelope on Christmas morning! Of course, I will have print a picture of the show so they know what the tickets are for... but they are going to freak out! Every time a commercial comes on, they both start begging... I think I have hidden my excitement pretty well so far.

This year we will be seeing Mickey & Minnie's Magical Journey. It is running from December 25th - January 2nd at the Rogers Centre in Toronto. We thought about going on Christmas Day (how exciting would that be for the girls... open the gift and then get ready and go), but have decided to wait until Boxing Day just to let that excitement build for "1 sleep" and also allow for the Grandparents to visit on Christmas Day.

"Disney On Ice presents Mickey & Minnie’s Magical Journey takes audiences on a fun-filled tour to four exciting destinations filled with favorite Disney friends. With Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse as tour guides, guests will visit the enchanting worlds of Disney’s The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Lilo & Stitch and Peter Pan.

The arena will be filled with music and magic in every scene including an enchanting undersea kingdom with Ariel and Sebastian, a jungle adventure in the African Pride Lands with Simba and Nala, a Hawaiian luau with Lilo and Stitch and a trip to jolly old London with Peter Pan and Tinker Bell.

“It’s an extraordinary show and a family vacation all rolled into one incredible night,” says Producer Kenneth Feld. “You really get a sense you are traveling right alongside Mickey, Minnie and their friends.”

Disney On Ice presents Mickey & Minnie’s Magical Journey features an international team of award-winning skaters, exciting choreography and a musical score filled with familiar Disney hits and rock-and-roll classics the whole family will enjoy."

To learn more about Disney On Ice, log onto www.disneyonice.com or visit them on Facebook and YouTube.

I will be back again to tell you more about the show after we have had a chance to see it. If it is anything like the 'Princesses on Ice' that we saw last year though, I am sure it is going to be amazing and leave my girls talking about it for another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment